Jon (Jonathan) Bradford is the Founder and Managing Director of the mentor lead acceleration programme for digital start ups, The Difference Engine.
He spent much of the last decade working with early stage technology businesses – both for advisory firms and spin outs looking to attract investment. Before setting up the Difference Engine in 2009, Jon was the investment manager for the hugely successful Design and Creative Fund. He has worked for, and advised, a successful Oxford University spin-out, including a sale to a NASDAQ listed firm, and is a passionate advocate of starting a business post education.
Born in Northern Ireland, and now living in the North East of England, he began his working career as an accountant at Arthur Anderson in London and spent a number of years living and working in Australia and Silicon Valley. His experience spans funding, structuring, making profitable and selling businesses.
Whilst looking after nine start-ups simultaneously currently occupies his days fully, he still finds time for bringing up three children (all under five, one of whom seems intent on becoming the next Olympic climber) and has recently completed a barn conversion.
Related articles by Zemanta
- The Difference Engine Brings TechStars/YCombinator Mentality To UK (techcrunch.com)
- The blood, sweat and tears of a seed accelerator scheme caught on video (thenextweb.com)
- The Difference Engine aims to bring the YCombinator or TechStars mentality to European startups (eu.techcrunch.com)
- Difference Engines’ first graduates (rev2.org)
- Difference Engine Accelerator Prog Launches Its Graduates (techcrunch.com)
- Blood, sweat, tears, love and karma: Inside the UK’s newest seed accelerator (thenextweb.com)
- The Difference Engine produces first round of digital upstarts (guardian.co.uk)