Geogoer is an open transport platform (transport sharing scheme) where anyone can find passengers, cars and public transport, or publish their own journeys. It supports different modes of transport, such as cars, coaches, trains or even flying carpets, and allows users to find the best travel options or offer transport themselves. Geogoer.com is currently in live alpha.
They aim to develop and launch two products using the existing technology: Internal Travel Networks for employers and Ticket Selling System.
Geogoer was part of the first round of The Difference Engine, incubator/accelerator programme for digital start ups.
My notes: Geogoer takes the whole car share concept, already well established, further – and well above the limited local level. They’re already been successful outside of the UK, so they should be ready to springboard.
Related articles by Zemanta
- Difference Engine accelerator launches graduates to investors (eu.techcrunch.com)
- New programme aims to assist UK technology start-ups (computing.co.uk)
- Folks, start your engines (tattletech.net)
- The Difference Engine extends application deadline (eu.techcrunch.com)
- Blood, sweat, tears, love and karma: Inside the UK’s newest seed accelerator (thenextweb.com)
- Difference Engines’ first graduates (rev2.org)
- White Bull takes a snapshot of Europe’s hottest tech companies (eu.techcrunch.com)
- Difference Engine Accelerator Prog Launches Its Graduates (techcrunch.com)
More: Crunchbase profile
Financial Times: Startups Choose UK